Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 11

Took a couple of days off blogging, only to be hit with another sickness in the house. Noticed Colin wasn't acting quite right yesterday morning, but didn't realize something was bad wrong till he climbed onto my lap at church. He was burning up. So we got him home and gave him some meds and he went to sleep. I kept a close eye on him, but at 11pm his fever shot up too 104. So we made the decision to take him to the ER. When they took his temp there, it was 104.6.Diagnoses: Ear Infection. We got a great nurse and a wonderful Dr. and were in and out of the ER at Smith/Northview in about an hour.

Two shots and a suppository later, we left. I pulled out the sofa bed so I could sleep with him to keep a better eye on him. His fever broke at about 5am, but he's still one sick kiddo. So, keeping him home from school (of course) and watching and waiting.

Again, just when I think our family is getting healthy, something like this happens. BLAH!!! I'm sooooo tired, but also know that working out will actually make me feel better. So I plan on getting a workout in today. I took the last 2 days off to spend some quality time with my family. We needed that time together.

1 comment:

  1. Poor punkin! Huzzah for getting in and out of the ER that quickly, though.

    ReplyDelete