Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 19

When did the world forget to stop and taste the food we're eating? We no longer enjoy what we eat. It's whatever is fastest and cheapest. In alot of cases we don't have the TIME to enjoy what we eat. We have to cram the food down as fast as possible because we only have 30mins to eat, go to the bathroom, and anything else that needs to be done.

I caught myself doing this recently. I was eating a Chips Ahoy cookie (yes I know...bad FA) and I wasn't even tasting it. I was shoving it in my mouth and already reaching for the next one. No wonder I can't get any weight off. If I'd just stopped and enjoyed the cookie in my mouth, I know I'd eat less. So I did that. I slowly ate one more cookie, and OMG...it was soooo good. The different flavors that mix in my mouth. The different textures. I fully enjoyed that cookie, and didn't need 10 more just to get that taste. More isn't the key to fullness, it's enjoying the bite in your mouth. This all sounded alot more clear in my head, but I've never said I was a writer. :P

I've been working out, but my eating is still sporadic. I've been put on ANOTHER med to help with a side effect of the other one. So again I 'm having to get used to it. I'm loving my workouts, and every day I feel better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment